We are your support for smart greend sand Sand Testing and Control Equipment in North America. Here’s a video showing a simple green sand hardness tester online used to accept or reject a green sand mold before filling it with molten metal :
Click here to read our 2017 introduction on green sand control :
Which green sand properties should you control per molding equipment?
A typical analysis may look like the following example :
For Pattern No: XYZ1123
• Squeeze pressure is between:
• Compactability range is: 36-
• Moisture range is: 3.7-3.9%
• Permeability range is: 280-300
• Green strength range is: 1.8-2.2
• Temperature range is: 82-89 F
Casting defects on account of sand shall be < 0.3 %. This can be taken as a control plan for that pattern by the foundry and can be followed by the online testing system (VCATII) as acceptance criteria for a
mold to be poured.